The success and sustainability of the United Church of Christ's national ministries is relying on churches' contributions to basic operating support and mission.
Being 5 for 5 means that our church is a leader, providing support to Our Church's Wider Mission and the Special Missions Offerings; One Great Hour of Sharing Strengthen the Church Neighbors in Need and the Christmas Fund. Our church is a 5 for 5 Congregation meaning that we contribute to all our denomination's offerings.
1. Our Church's Wider Mission (OCWM) provides funding from congregations for Conferences and the national ministries of the United Church of Christ.
2. One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) works with international partners to provide sources of clean water and food, education and health care, small business micro-credit, emergency relief, and advocacy/resettlement for refugees and displaced persons. OGHS also supports both domestic and international ministries for disaster preparedness and response.
3. Strengthen the Church (STC) offering supports leadership for new and revitalizing congregations, programs for youth and young adults, and leadership development. Conferences retain 50% of all gifts to the STC offering for their own church and leadership development efforts.
4. Neighbors in Need (NIN)supports ministries of justice and compassion throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. The offering also helps support the UCC's Council for American Indian Ministries (CAIM) as well as justice advocacy and direct service projects supported by Justice and Witness Ministries.
5. The Christmas Fund administered by the Pension Boards on behalf of the church, helps provide pension and health premium supplementation to low-income retirees, emergency assistance to clergy families in need and Christmas gift checks to hundreds of annuitants.